All Media Inquiries:
Sports Media Inquiries:
Sports Information Director
Laura Bush to speak at Davenport University's Excellence in Business Gala - Dec. 14, 2012
Davenport University will welcome former First Lady Laura Bush to the podium of the 2013 Excellence in Business Award Gala at DeVos Place on May 3, 2013. Michael J. Jandernoa will be honored with the 2013 Peter C. Cook Excellence in Business Award at the event, which benefits student scholarships at Davenport.
Students to Test Business Skills in Junior Achievement Challenge at Davenport University - Dec. 6, 2012
More than 80 area high school students, assisted by more than 25 community volunteers, will participate in the Junior Achievement Titan Business Challenge at Davenport University’s Saginaw Campus, Friday, Dec. 14, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Davenport University Appoints Dr. Michael Bowers as New Dean for Donald W. Maine College of Business - Dec. 4, 2012
Following a thorough national search, Davenport University has named Michael R. Bowers, Ph.D., as Dean of the Donald W. Maine College of Business.
Michigan Health Council Recognizes Davenport for New Education Program - Nov. 20, 2012
The Michigan Health Council recognized Davenport University for its efforts to create flexible opportunities to complete Health Information Management (HIM) degrees with a Building Michigan's Health Care Workforce Education and Training Award.
Davenport University Honors Veterans on Nov. 12 - Nov. 2, 2012
As a way to recognize veterans for their military service, during times of war or peace, Davenport University and its chapter of the Student Veterans of America (SVA) is celebrating Veteran’s Day on Monday, Nov. 12, 2012 on its W.A. Lettinga Campus in Grand Rapids.
Ford’s Scott Monty to speak at Davenport University’s Livonia Campus - Nov. 2, 2012
Ford Motor Company on-line social networking guru, Scott Monty, will speak at Davenport University’s Livonia Campus on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, from 5-6 p.m. Monty will show how the automaker uses on-line social networking platforms to promote Ford Motor Company and how those strategies can help others.
MI Future Foundation Awards Largest Scholarship Ever to Lansing Community College/Davenport University Students - Oct. 25, 2012
The MI Future Foundation announced today that it will be awarding its largest scholarship ever through Lansing Community College’s (LCC) Business & Community Institute (BCI) for LCC and Davenport University students who are interested in insurance education. The MI Future Foundation will create ten $5,000 scholarships for incoming students, totaling $50,000 in support of insurance education in Lansing.
STAR Program® University Provides Students Cutting Edge Training in Evidence-Based Cancer Rehabilitation - Oct. 11, 2012
Beginning this month, Davenport University’s College of Health Professions will establish itself as a leader in the field of cancer rehabilitation education as the first university in the nation to offer the STAR Program University as part of its curriculum.
Davenport University to Host Religous (in)Tolerance Panel Discussion - Oct. 8, 2012
Davenport University will host a panel discussion titled Religious (IN)Tolerance on Thursday, Oct. 11 at 12:30 p.m. at its W.A. Lettinga Campus. The event is free and open to the public.
Davenport University Named a "2012 Great College to Work For" by The Chronicle of Higher Education - Aug. 10, 2012
Davenport University is one of the best colleges in the nation to work for, according to a new survey by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Davenport University to Host Teaching & Learning Institute - Aug. 1, 2012
Davenport University is hosting its 10th annual Wynalda Teaching and Learning Institute (TLI) program, Aug. 2-3, 2012 at the Ypsilanti Marriot at Eagle Crest. At this event for all DU faculty members, participants will experience professional growth through keynote speakers, expos, and interactive discussions about academic retention, community diversity and more.
Kuyper College and Davenport University Announce Partnership Degree Program- June 26, 2012
Kuyper College and Davenport University announced an agreement today that will allow eligible students from each institution to transfer credits toward a bachelor or master degree program at the other school. For some students, this agreement also will allow them to earn two degrees – one from each institution – in just five years.
Davenport University Announced New Campus in Downtown Lansing - June 20, 2012
Davenport University President Dr. Richard J. Pappas today announced a $10 million project to create a new campus for Davenport University in the heart of downtown Lansing. Davenport has purchased the Grand View Center on the corner of Grand Avenue and Allegan Street, along with adjacent and nearby parking lots. Working with the Boji Group, renovations are scheduled to begin this fall, with project completion slated for next summer, prior to Fall 2013 classes.
Thomas M. Cooley Law School and Davenport University Announce Dual Degree Juris Doctor/MBA Partnership Program - June 20, 2012
The Thomas M. Cooley Law School and Davenport University today signed an agreement providing eligible students in one program to incorporate course work from the other degree program, therefore obtaining a dual Juris Doctor (JD) degree and MBA degree in an accelerated period of time. The dual degree partnership program will begin in September 2012 and is offered at the Lansing campuses of each institution.
Davenport University to Launch Three New Graduate Degree Programs in College of Health Professions - May 22, 2012
Davenport University announced it is developing three new graduate degree programs for its College of Health Professions – a Master of Science in Nursing, a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy and the University’s first doctoral degree in Physical Therapy.
Davenport University Appoints Franco Bianchi as New Trustee - May 16, 2012
Davenport University is pleased to announce that Franco Bianchi, President and CEO of Haworth Inc., will join the Davenport University Board of Trustees, effective October 2012.
Davenport University to Honor David and Carol Van Andel at Excellence in Business Gala on Friday - May 8, 2012
Davenport University will present the 2012 Peter C. Cook Excellence in Business (EIB) Award to well-known community leaders and philanthropists David and Carol Van Andel. The annual fundraising gala will be held at DeVos Place on Friday, May 11, 2012, with a reception at 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. The keynote speaker will be Tom Izzo, head coach of men’s basketball at Michigan State University.
Davenport U to host Full-Scale Plane Crash Simulation on Saturday, May 5 - May 3, 2012
A full-scale plane crash simulation will take place on Saturday, May 5, 2012 at the Davenport University and Farmers Insurance Group campuses located on Kraft Avenue SE at M-6 in Caledonia, Michigan to prepare Kent County emergency responders and trained volunteers for a large-scale emergency. The exercise will simulate a 90-passenger commercial airplane crash with an imitation airplane, debris and 90 volunteers role-playing wounded or deceased victims from the mock-crash.
Davenport University Students Shatter All-Time Records at National Business Competition - May 3, 2012
More than 5,000 students from 20 different states participated in the Business Professionals of America’s (BPA) 46th annual National Leadership Conference, held in Chicago, Illinois on April 24 – 28, 2012. Forty-two students from Davenport University qualified and represented Davenport at this Conference. Davenport students received 12 first-place awards and placed 92 finalists in the top ten of their competitions, both of which are all-time BPA records for a single university. Over the last four years, Davenport students have earned 35 first-place awards at the national competition, another BPA record.
More than 1,100 Students to Participate in Davenport University Commencement Ceremony - April 24, 2012
More than 1,100 students will participate in Davenport University’s commencement ceremony on Sunday, April 29, at Van Andel Arena. Participants represent Davenport’s campuses across the state, receiving their graduate and undergraduate degrees from the University’s Colleges of Business, Technology and Health Professions.
University Students offer Last Chance for Free Income Tax Preparation - April 12, 2012
With deadlines for tax season quickly approaching, accounting students and faculty volunteers from Davenport University, Cornerstone University and Aquinas College are offering free income tax preparation for all walk-in clients on Monday, April 16 and Tuesday, April 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the ACSET Community Action Tax Center. This service is available to low- and middle- income tax-filers (less than $50,000 in total family income).
Fred Keller to speak at Best & Brightest Sustainable Companies Event at Davenport University - April 12, 2012
Davenport University is proud to host the Michigan 101 Best & Brightest Sustainable Companies Event on Wednesday, April 18, 2012, at its W.A. Lettinga Campus. The morning will include networking and panel discussions about Sustainability Strategies as Drivers of Innovation, High-Profit Supply Chains and more. The keynote, “Doing Good While Making IT Good Business – Certified B Corp vs. Benefit Corporation,” will be given by Fred Keller, Founder/Chairman and CEO of Cascade Engineering. Following the keynote, a luncheon will honor this year’s winners from all industries.
Davenport University to Introduce Insurance Education Specialty, Developed with University of Farmers - April 9, 2012
Responding to the growing need for new talent in the insurance and risk management industry, Davenport University is proud to introduce a new Risk Management and Insurance specialty within its Bachelor of Business Administration in Management program beginning in the fall of 2012. Farmers Insurance, which worked with Davenport to develop the curriculum, has also made a generous commitment to provide $10,000 for the next three years toward student scholarships in Davenport’s Insurance Education Specialty.
- April 9, 2012-Davenport University and Miller College to Formalize Transfer Agreement
- April 2, 2012-Davenport University Warren Campus Offers New Technology in State of the Art Nursing Simulation Labs
- March 23, 2012-Davenport University President Richard J. Pappas Elected to Board of American Council on Education
- March 2, 2012-Davenport University "Best in Show" in National Educational Advertising Awards Competition
- Feb. 23, 2012-Davenport University Announces Plans for New Athletic Complex
- Feb. 22, 2012-Michigan Works & Davenport University Pilot Computer Boot Camp Helping Adults Learn Vital New Skills
- Feb. 16, 2012-Davenport University Students set record at state conference
- Feb. 14, 2012-Saginaw Students to attend Professional Development Day at Davenport University
- Feb. 13, 2012-Davenport University Alum to share "Secrets of Success"
- Feb. 3, 2012-Davenport only university included in "Top Workplaces in Michigan" list
- Feb. 2, 2012-Davenport University Video Work recognized with International AVA Awards
- Feb. 1, 2012-Local College Students offer Free Tax Filing Assistance
- Jan. 10, 2012-Davenport University Management Professor named to Fulbright Specialist Roster
- Dec. 12, 2011-Students to Test Business Skills in Junior Achievement Challange at Davenport University
- Dec. 9, 2011-Davenport University to honor David and Carol Van Andel with Peter C. Cook Excellence in Business Award
- Dec. 1, 2011-Davenport University to Host Great Michigan Read's "We Don't Want Them" Exhibit
- Nov. 30, 2011-Davenport University hires Insurance Education Scholar
- Nov. 1, 2011-Davenport University to celebrate Veteran's Day at W.A. Lettinga Campus
- Oct. 18, 2011-Davenport University to host Acts of Courage event
- Sept. 19, 2011-Davenport University's to name Downtown Center for Peter C. Cook
- Sept. 13, 2011-Davenport University designated Military Friendly School
- Aug. 31, 2011-Davenport University Proposes New Life for Blighted Downtown Site
- June 6, 2011-Media Tours of Davenport's New Downtown Center
- May 13, 2011-DU and Detroit Public Schools Strike Articulation Agreement
- April 29, 2011-Helen Hunt Announced as New Keynote Speaker at Excellence in Business Dinner Gala
- April 25, 2011-New Dean for School of Health Professions Hired
- April 18, 2011-DU and GRACC Offer Tuition Discount for Members and Dependents
- March 17, 2011-Davenport University Announces Strategic Initiatives
- Feb. 4, 2011-National President of NAIW Association of Insurance Professionals to speak at Davenport University
- Feb. 3, 2011-Local College Students Offer Free Tax Filing Assistance
- Jan. 14, 2011-DU Honors Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Dec. 10, 2010-DU to sponsor huge New Years Eve party in Grand Rapids
- Nov. 29, 2010-DU loses devoted alumnus, supporter and champion with passing of Peter C. Cook
- Nov. 12, 2010-DU appoints new EVP of Academics and Provost
- Nov. 4, 2010-DU to open new downtown Grand Rapids center
- Sept. 22, 2010-DU and Small Business Association of Michigan Partner
- Sept. 16, 2010-$1,000 in Tuition Assistance For New Students at Select Campuses
- Sept. 10, 2010-New Robert W. Sneden Center dedicated on the W.A. Lettinga Campus
- May 7, 2010-Chamber & DU to present 3rd Congressional District Debate
- April 21, 2010-Sustainable Business Forum: Nationally Recognized Experts Scheduled to Attend
- April 7, 2010-David Brandon, University of Michigan Athletic Director to be 2010 Commencement Speaker
- April 5, 2010-Executive Vice President for Quality and Effectiveness appointed
- March 31, 2010-President Pappas introduces new Vision, five-year strategic plan
- March 16, 2010-SBAM partners with DU to offer small business owners special tuition rates
- Feb. 25, 2010-DU appoints new EVP for enrollment and student services
- Feb. 24, 2010-DU students win more awards at State Conference than any other institution
- Feb. 9, 2010-M.E. Davenport Foundation Gives $2.5 Million Toward New Building
- Feb. 1, 2010-DU is First University to Get State-wide Articulation Agreement
- Jan. 22, 2010-DU honoring Steve Van Andel and Doug DeVos at EIB dinner
- Dec. 29, 2009-DU Hosts Cisco Networking on Wheels event at Livonia and Warren Campuses
- Dec. 3, 2009-DU to offer Bachelor of Nursing degree at Midland and Warren Campuses
- Sept. 17, 2009-DU seeks applicants for Gerald R. Ford Memorial Scholarship
- July 1, 2009-DU students score a record year at national business competition
- June 17, 2009-Corporate Technology Expert Is New Davenport Dean
- April 29, 2009-Davenport Appoints Next President
- April 22, 2009-Honorary Doctorate Degree to be Presented to Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land
- April 9, 2009-DU announces 2 finalists in presidential search
- April 7, 2009-Dr. Barbara A. Mieras Honored as Distinguished MSU Alumna
- March 31, 2009-DU Gives Tuition Discounts to Automation Alley Member Companies
- March 13, 2009-Ed Begley Jr. to speak on campus March 16
- March 12, 2009-JA “Titans” of Business Compete at Davenport University
- March 4, 2009-Davenport Honors Ambassador Secchia at Annual EIB Dinner
- March 2, 2009-Davenport University to Host West Michigan Career Fair
- Jan. 27, 2009-Davenport University names residence hall for Meijers
- Jan. 23, 2009-Free tax assistance for low and middle income families