Education is only one part of a successful career plan. Davenport has developed a Professional Development Plan to give you a path toward your professional growth, including:
- Joining professional organizations important in your field
- Conducting informational interviews with employers and interviewing successfully
- Gaining meaningful experience in your field through volunteerism, internship and experiential opportunities
- Networking with professionals
- Producing a professional resume, letters, portfolios and other personal brand documents
- Business etiquette
Career Services offers a number of resources to help you grow your capabilities within the work place including hard copy resources, presentations like this one!, and internet resources for all levels of student and alumni.
Students who follow the Davenport University Professional Development Plan with Career Services are much more likely to achieve employment prior to needing it! Contact Career Services and learn how professional development can help you!
International Business Etiquette Websites:
Executive Planet: Select a country and learn the etiquette of making appointments, business attire, use of name or title, gift giving and more!
Cyborlink.com: Covers areas of business etiquette, manners and culture.
Forbes: Article on business international business etiquette.