Alpha Sigma Lambda is a National Honor Society acknowledging the achievement of non-traditional/ adult undergraduate students
As a way to recognize excellence in academic achievement of DU students in this category, the College of Arts and Sciences sponsors the Phi Kappa Chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda. This society honors the top 20% of students meeting the qualifications listed below.
There are over 300 chartered chapters of Alpha Sigma Lambda throughout the United States. “To this day Alpha Sigma Lambda is not only the oldest, but also the largest, chapter-based honor society for full- and part-time students.”
Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society Applications are closed for the 2012-13 academic year.
The next opportunity to apply for membership will be
January 15 - March 15, 2014.
Be sure to check back to this site to submit an application.
If you have questions regarding the application process, contact:
Dr. Steve Snyder
Qualifications for membership, as stipulated by the Society, include:
- Undergraduate student seeking first degree
- 25 years of age or older at the time of application
- GPA in the top 20% of students within the application year but not lower than 3.2
- Completion of at least 24 graded semester hours at DU (excludes transfer credits and courses with "pass" only grade)
- 12 credits must be earned in the Arts and Sciences (General Education) and excludes FRSM100, PROX191-193, SABR courses, and internships.