Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics
Participants will gain experience drawing conclusions about past events or predicting future trends using large data sets. The tools of predictive modeling and statistical analysis will be used with the goals of creating value, competing more effectively in the marketplace, and becoming more efficient with funds.
- Certificate material applicable to business, health professions, government agencies, academic institutions and non-profit organizations
- A 12 credit, four course certificate sequence includes courses in project management, statistics, big data mining and communication skills
- Online delivery for all courses is designed to meet the needs of working professionals
- Certificate designed to be completed in two semesters (two courses per semester)
- Semester length is 15 weeks with a start date of Fall 2013
- Credits transfer into the Master of Science in Analytics Degree program (program start anticipated May, 2014)
- Multiple opportunities to work with data sets for real-world problem solving
- Nationally recognized instructors
Who would benefit from a certificate program?
Anyone charged with leveraging organizational data to operate more efficiently, thereby optimizing organizational resources, including business analysts, predictive modelers, statisticians, managers, and policy makers.
DATA610 Essentials of Business Analytics (3 cr) Fall 2013
|DATA625 Data Methods for Business Analytics (3 cr) Fall 2013
The benefits of using data to optimize the decision-making process, including understanding the differences between various types of data, data formats, data warehouses and data marts. Co-requisite: DATA610.
|DATA667 Data Visualization and Statistical Simulation (3 cr) Winter 2014
Developing management level communication skills for presenting risk management recommendations based on complex data with hands-on exercises for presenting model selection justification, regression models, multivariate analysis and mixed methods analysis. Pre-requisite: DATA625.
|DATA710 Applied Data Analytics I (3 cr) Winter 2014
Current topics in Data Analytics are explored in the rapidly changing field of analytics, including the challenges and opportunities of “Big Data”, and data and intellectual property challenges. A course project will be conducted. Pre-requisite: DATA625, co-requisite: DATA667.
Certificate Admission Requirements:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution or approved international institution with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher in a quantitative field, such as Engineering, Science, Math/Statistics, Finance , Accounting or Marketing. Other disciplines may be considered based on work experience OR
- Graduate work or degrees in the above areas with a minimum GPA Minimum GPA of 3.4
- Completion of at least one undergraduate course in Statistics
- A current resume/CV inclusive of education, work experience and community service
For enrollment information contact:
Davenport University Admissions