A winning partnership to benefit students!
Davenport University is pleased to be partnered with the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA®) to offer in-seat Certified Manager Accountant (CMA) prep courses. CMA candidates may take both the Part I and Part II prep courses in-seat at Davenport University in Grand Rapids, Michigan. These courses are in direct alignment with the IMA prep materials.
“The CMA has given me a tremendous amount of value. Not just on the financial end of things, but because I’ve gained broad-based accounting knowledge. I’ve been able to advance my career because that knowledge translates into benefits for the companies I work for.”
Tammy Drescher, CMA Senior Cost Accountant, Diamond Foods, Inc.
“I use my CMA body of knowledge every day. It comes naturally in the role of CFO, because I need it to look at things from many different angles, not just from the financial perspective. Management accounting skills are very much in demand as foreign and local companies reach out from the local marketplace and into more global arenas. The CMA body of knowledge is very valuable in this regard.”
John K. Lau, CMA Chief Financial Officer, WesTrac China
Scope of IMA®
- The leading association dedicated to developing, certifying, connecting, and supporting the world’s best accountants and financial professionals in business
- A network of 60,000 members worldwide
- Provides best-in-class certification for critical internal financial management responsibilities, including planning, budgeting, business reporting, decision analysis, and risk management
- Supports members’ career development through access to an active professional community, continuing education, valuable information, and resources
- Supports members and their organizations in driving business performance by promoting the highest ethical standards for internal financial management practices
To become certified, a candidate must pass both parts of the CMA exam, be a member of IMA®, hold a bachelor's degree, and have two years of professional work experience in management accounting and/or financial management.
For more information on CMA certification, see the "Why CMA?" and "CMA Courses at DU" links in the menu to the left.