How to Apply to a DU Nursing Program
Davenport University offers three nursing programs. Entry into each program is competitive and each one has specific admissions criteria. For assistance in completing the application process, contact an admissions representative at the location where the program is offered.
Review the admissions criteria listed in the application form. If you are new to DU, please apply for admission to the University first.
Current DU students may proceed as follows:
Complete the appropriate nursing application.
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing (BSN) Pre-Licensure
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing Concurrent Program - ADN enrolled
- Practical Nursing (PN) diploma
- RN-Bachelor's Degree Completion
* All required forms are included in the application packet above.
Request official transcripts be sent from the originating school directly to:Registrar Davenport University
6191 Kraft Ave. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Send the completed application and required forms to the address indicated in the application.
|RN-Bachelor's Degree Completion||Accepted throughout the year|
|BSN Pre-Licensure||October 31, 2014 for early admission
January 30, 2015 for regular admission
|Practical Nurse (PN) diploma||May 8, 2015 for regular admission|
Register for and complete a TEAS V examination.
- Only complete application packets will be reviewed by the Nursing Admissions Committee. Decisions made by the Committee are final.
- HLTH101/101S - Introduction to Health Careers must be completed prior to any clinical experience. A criminal background check (CBC) and drug screening (DS) are required components of this course.
- If you have been convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors, this may preclude you from participating as a student in some clinical sites. In addition, you may not be allowed to take the NCLEX examination (state board licensing exam).