Various Gaming Devices
To register your gaming device:
1. Locate the MAC address of the device and copy it down. (For instructions on locating your MAC address, choose your device in the list below.)
2. Fill out this form.
3. Connect to DU-Gaming on the wireless network.
To obtain the MAC Address from a Nintendo DS, you must first insert a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection compatible game and access the WFC Setup Utility. Please note that the exact steps to access the setup utility varies by game. However, the setup utility is a standard menu, included with all WFC-compatible games.
After accessing the utility, tap "Options," then "System Information."
The MAC Address and Nintendo WFC ID will be listed on the screen. Unless the game player has successfully connected with Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, the WFC ID will be blank.
Please note that we support wired connections for the Wii only. You need to have a wired ethernet adapter to use the Wii on the Davenport Network.
The MAC address of the Wii can be found by:
- From the Wii Channel menu, select "Wii Settings" (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select "Internet," then "Console Settings." - The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
To find the MAC address of your Sony PlayStation 2 you will need the Network Adaptor connected to the PS2. You will also need the disc that came with the Network Adaptor. Then follow these steps:
- Power up the PlayStation 2 and load the Network Adaptor Startup Disc.
- Once it has loaded, select "ISP Setup" and press X on your controller.
- The ISP Setup will begin to load, and you will be presented with a license agreement. Select Agree and press X to continue.
- For connection type, choose "Local Area Network (LAN)" and press X to continue.
- Select "Automatic Configuration" and press X to continue.
- At the connection test screen, select "Advanced" and press X to continue.
- At the "Advanced Broadband Settings" screen, make sure "Automatic" is selected. While you are at this screen, make note of the MAC address at the bottom.
Some of the PS2 games also have the ability to list your MAC address, but the above steps are the preferred way of finding the MAC.
- From the main menu, select Settings.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Network Settings"
- Selection "Settings and Connection Status List.
- The MAC address is displayed on the screen.
- Select "Settings"
- Navigate to "System Settings".
- Select "System Information" and your MAC address will be displayed on the screen.
- Select "System Settings".
- Select "Network Settings".
- Go to "Edit Settings".
- From "Additional Settings", select "Advanced Settings".
- At the bottom of this screen, you'll see a heading called Wired MAC address.