Internship Process and Deadlines
The College of Technology requires internships in some academic programs. However, internships are highly recommended for all students. Students who want to complete an internship for credit must:
1. Meet with your Regional Employment and Internship Manager.
2. Meet with your advisor to determine academic eligibility and review the COT Undergraduate Student Internship Guidebook.
This should be done at least six months before the semester you would like to do your internship.
3. Attend a required Internship Seminar with Career Services.
4. Have your resume approved by your Career Services Coordinator.
5. Complete all paperwork for the internship by the following deadlines:
Click ink and scroll to the bottom of the page for all required paperwork.
- Fall semester: Aug. 1
- Winter semester: Dec. 1
- Spring/Summer semester: April 1
6. Start looking for internships on our DUCareerNet site and working with your Internship Manager to identify appropriate positions and sites.
Mandatory Internship Workshops
All students within the College of Technology who:
- Have a required 290 or 490 internship included in their program
- Are planning to participate in an optional 290 or 490 internship for credit
MUST attend an in-seat or on-line internship seminar NO LATER THAN the semester prior to registering for the internship course.
Please visit the websites of these DU-approved internship providers and consult the Global Programs Office for further guidance and approval.
- Abroad China - Abroad China provides opportunities for current students and recent graduates to better understand China. Several programs are available such as a summer 9-week internships, Young Professional Program and an MBA Program.
- International Education Programs (IEP) - Housed at Jacksonville University, IEP offers immersive study, volunteer, service-learning and internship programs in over 20 countries throughout Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania. Experiences are available for a wide variety of majors and include direct-enrollment programs at universities abroad and customized internships.
- Cultural Embrace - Cultural Embrace offers a wide range of experiential programs, including internships, service-learning and work in several locations throughout the world including Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, and several European locations.
- ProWorld Service Corps - Proworld provides 2 to 48 week cultural, service and academic experiences in Peru, Belize, and Mexico. On-site support staff, and local health care professionals and facilities. Can arrange faculty-led group programs, NGO and field internships, and semester-length programs.
- CEA - CEA Global Education offers supervised, pre-professional learning experiences in a professional setting under the mentorship of a supervisor. Many opportunities are available in English and include such locations as Argentina, Australia, Chile, China, Mexico, South Africa and several European Union countries.
- Globalinks Abroad - Davenport is an affiliate member of Globalinks Abroad and encourages student participation in their programs. Globalinks Abroad organizes three types of internship programs – 10-week Professional Development; Customized with no date restrictions; and 6-week Professional Development programs available in Australia and New Zealand. Applicants must be full-time students or recent graduates. Positions are available in Business, Health Professions, and Information Technology.