All students within the Maine College of Business and College of Technology who:
- Have a required 290 or 490 internship included in their program
- Are planning to participate in an optional 290 or 490 internship for credit
MUST attend an in-seat or on-line internship seminar NO LATER THAN the semester prior to registering for the internship course. This seminar is not for use by College of Health Professions students and does not replace the practicum seminar conducted by the College of Health Professions Internship Managers. For students planning to obtain an internship for experience and not for credit this information is still beneficial.
To attend an in-seat Internship Seminar:
- Make sure you are logged in to this Davenport University website
- Click the DUCareerNET link
- On the black navigation bar that runs across the top of the page, run your cursor over "Calendar" and click
- Search by Event Type: Student Internship Work Shop
- Review the locations, times and dates for each seminar and click "Yes" next to the seminar you'd like to attend
- Then Click the "Sign Up" button on the right center of the page.
It is strongly recommended that students participate in the in-seat internship seminar.
When an in-seat seminar is not available, students may take the following steps for an online seminar:
- Contact and meet with your Regional Employment and Internship Manager (REIM).
- Meet with your academic adviser and obtain an adviser signed copy of your DegreeWorks Plan to confirm that you have completed all prerequisite requirements for your internship. Provide this to your REIM
Note: If you have not completed all prerequisite courses discuss with your adviser how to schedule needed courses or obtain your prerequisite waiver to assure you are able to perform an internship prior to graduation.
- Review this narrated seminar Power Point at the bottom of the page and complete the seminar survey in DUCareerNET to confirm that you have completed the seminar.
- Print and complete the internship forms provided for you here.
August 1st: for a Fall Term internship start
December 1st: for a Winter Term internship start
April 1st: for a Spring Term internship start
NOTE: These dates DO NOT APPLY to College of Health Professions students
- Submit your internship intent form to the Regional Employment and Internship Manager
Internship Manager Contact List
- Complete the Internship Seminar Survey Quiz to confirm that you have reviewed the information, understand the for-credit internship process, know where to find important information and dates and know who to contact with questions or for support.