Eligibility for an MBA Internship
All MBA students, except those dual enrolled in medical partnership schools, may participate in an approved internship as their capstone (CAPS 790) academic experience.
MBA Internship Process and Deadlines
Students who want to complete an internship for credit must:
1. Meet with your MBA Program Internship Manager.
2. Meet with your advisor to determine academic eligibility and review the MCB MBA Student Internship Guidebook.
This should be done at least six months before the semester you would like to do your internship.
3. Have your resume approved by your Career Services Coordinator.
4. Complete all paperwork for the internship by the following deadlines:
Click link and scroll to the bottom of the page for all required paperwork.
- Fall semester: Aug. 1
- Winter semester: Dec. 1
- Spring/Summer semester: April 1
5. Start looking for internships on our DUCareerNet site and working with your Internship Manager to identify appropriate positions and sites.
Finding an Internship
Some posted internship opportunities in the DUCareerNet are pre-approved for credit for certain Davenport internship courses.
Students may also propose their own internship, but all internship position descriptions MUST be approved through Career Services working in collaboration with academic faculty in the program.
If you want to propose your own internship, you must meet with Career Services to have the position reviewed. The Career Services staff will also consult with faculty in the academic program to seek approval for the proposed internship.
Please visit the websites of these DU-approved internship providers and consult the Global Programs Office for further guidance and approval.
- Abroad China - Abroad China provides opportunities for current students and recent graduates to better understand China. Several programs are available such as a summer 9-week internships, Young Professional Program and an MBA Program.
- International Education Programs (IEP) - Housed at Jacksonville University, IEP offers immersive study, volunteer, service-learning and internship programs in over 20 countries throughout Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania. Experiences are available for a wide variety of majors and include direct-enrollment programs at universities abroad and customized internships.
- Cultural Embrace - Cultural Embrace offers a wide range of experiential programs, including internships, service-learning and work in several locations throughout the world including Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, and several European locations.
- ProWorld Service Corps - Proworld provides 2 to 48 week cultural, service and academic experiences in Peru, Belize, and Mexico. On-site support staff, and local health care professionals and facilities. Can arrange faculty-led group programs, NGO and field internships, and semester-length programs.
- CEA - CEA Global Education offers supervised, pre-professional learning experiences in a professional setting under the mentorship of a supervisor. Many opportunities are available in English and include such locations as Argentina, Australia, Chile, China, Mexico, South Africa and several European Union countries.
- Globalinks Abroad - Davenport is an affiliate member of Globalinks Abroad and encourages student participation in their programs. Globalinks Abroad organizes three types of internship programs – 10-week Professional Development; Customized with no date restrictions; and 6-week Professional Development programs available in Australia and New Zealand. Applicants must be full-time students or recent graduates. Positions are available in Business, Health Professions, and Information Technology.