Writing is a key method of communication, and it's one that many people struggle with. Developing writing skills is vital to creating effective proper documents (such as proposals, reports, and agendas), giving you a competitive edge in the workplace. Davenport University’s Institute for Professional Excellence Business Writing for Performance workshop provides a refresher on basic writing concepts (such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation), and an overview of the most common business documents, and techniques on how to write clearly, persuasively and with energy and impact.
1 Day Session
- Learn how to write clear and concise professional correspondence
- Review the common spelling and grammar issues in business writing, including usage of colon, semicolon, quotation marks and capitalization.
- Identify techniques to develop well-formed paragraphs with proper style and tone.
- Learn how to use active versus passing voice.
- Learn how to develop agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Review writing techniques for Request for Proposals, Executive Summaries, and Business Reporting.
- Improve proofreading skills and peer review to help improve business writing skills.
Peter C. Cook Center
45 Ottawa NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Davenport University Lansing Campus
200 S. Grand Ave.
Lansing, MI 48933
Contact IPEx at 616.233.2589 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Registration is not yet open for this course. Please contact IPEx at 616.233.2581 or email us at email@example.com.