Conflict Resolution and Confrontation Management
Knowing why conflict occurs and what to do about it are indispensable components to a healthy and efficient business. Many people see conflict as a negative experience. However, conflict is a necessary part of our personal growth and development. Conflict becomes an issue when the people involved cannot work through it. When this happens, negative energy can result, causing hurt feelings and damaged relationships. This course provides a basis for successful conflict resolution by providing the participant with the skills necessary to identify and manage conflict.
Learn how to:
- Define conflict and how it can escalate
- Identify the types of conflict and the stages of conflict
- Utilize effective techniques for intervention strategies
- Manage conflict to enhance productivity and performance
- Define different behavioral and communication styles
- Utilize strategies and approaches for effective communication and conflict resolution
Who should attend?
- Individuals who would benefit from helping others effectively resolve conflict and differences at work whether with clients, colleagues, or vendors
Benefits to you and your organization:
- Increased trust and credibility among colleagues
- Enhanced work relationships
- Confidence in holding difficult conversations calmly and assertively
- Improved effectiveness in managing conflict
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Feedback from other participants
- Tools for implementation
This one-day program can be taken as single-topic event to develop competency or you can complete the six-course series to receive Davenport University’s Certificate of Supervisory Management.
Davenport University Institute for Professional Excellence
Nov 19, 2015
9am - 5pm
*This course is eligible for 7 CPE credits through the NASBA.
Contact Lesa Bergsma at 616.233.2581 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.