First Time Manager
Registration is closed, please email IPEx if you would like to be added to the waitlist for this program.
First time managers and supervisors have to look at situations from a new angle, interact with people at different levels and deal with the awkward nature of being at a different level than their previous co-workers. To be successful in this new role, you mus learn to adapt to the new expectations and responsibilities that define your role. This one-day session addresses the issues you will face and prepare you to enter the world of supervision with more confidence and authority.
1 Day Session
- How to handle your new expectations
- Time management and delegation
- How to inspire and motivate others
- Positive and respectful methods of discipline
- Communication between front line and up-line
- Create SMART goals
- Handle the new stresses and leave it at the office
- What’s going to be different
- Doing vs. leading
- How you see yourself and how others see you – supervising friends and peers
- Building confidence
- Learning to listen
- Goal setting
- How to build a team
- Building alliances – networking and mentoring
- The written and spoken word
Course Dates & Times:
Davenport University Peter C. Cook Center
45 Ottawa Avenue NW Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Cost for this course is $300 per participant and includes all printed materials.
Contact IPEx at 616.233.2581 or please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for this course, please submit the form below.
NOTE: Registration is not yet open for this course. Please contact IPEx at 616.233.2581 or email us at email@example.com