SHRM Essentials of HR Management
The SHRM Essentials of HR Management is an introductory course offering a comprehensive oversight of human resource roles and responsibilities. This program gives participants critical knowledge to help reduce potentially costly lawsuits and improves their ability to handle challenging HR issues. This course is ideal for those who are just starting out in the human resources profession, or those who are looking for an effective way to boost their employee management skills.
Earn up to 1.2 continuing education units (CEUs) or up to 12 re-certification hours and a certificate of achievement.
Who Should Attend
Those who successfully complete this course will gain the ability to:
- Build a solid foundation in human resource management.
- Understand key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, the Family and medical Leave Act, and more.
- Understand the role of the EEOC and its investigatory process.
- Improve your employee recruitment and selection process to help avoid legal pitfalls.
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation and benefits information to staff at all levels.
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, on boarding, and training and development.
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals.
When Does the Next Session Begin?
TBA. Please contact us for more information.
How Much Does it Cost?
The total investment is $695 per person, which includes all printed materials and access to online software and learning tools.