CPCU 540 Finance and Accounting for Insurance Professionals
Registration is closed, please email IPEx if you would like to be added to the waitlist for this program.
It is designed to:
- Increase effectiveness by interpreting and analyzing financial statements of insurers and non-insurers;
- Improve underwriting and claim decisions by applying cash-flow valuation methods;
- Broaden industry knowledge by learning how insurers manage their financial assets and capital;
- Support organizational change by learning the significance of major developments in financial reporting and regulatory capital.
What to Expect:
- Course Level: Intermediate
- This is a 12 week program
- Next scheduled session: TBA
- Introduction to Corporate Finance and Accounting
- GAAP Financial Statements
- GAAP Financial Statement Analysis
- Insurer Statutory Accounting
- Insurer Statutory Statement Analysis
- Cash Flow Valuation
- Bonds and Stocks
- Insurer Investment Portfolio Management
- Insurer Capital: Needs and Sources
- Capital Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- The Underwriting Cycle
Cost for this program is $645 per person for facilitation and $150 for textbooks and materials and must be paid prior to the first day of class.
Total Investment: $795
The materials required for this course is the CPCU 540 Comprehensive Package, including Course Guide, Text, and access to online practice exams. Materials will be distributed on the first evening of class.
The course fee does not include the exam fee for AICPCU scheduled online exam-students schedule this separately from the course at: http://www.aicpcu.org/register/examinfo.htm