CPCU 540 Finance and Accounting for Insurance Professionals
Registration is closed, please email IPEx if you would like to be added to the waitlist for this program.
It is designed to:
- Increase effectiveness by interpreting and analyzing financial statements of insurers and non-insurers;
- Improve underwriting and claim decisions by applying cash-flow valuation methods;
- Broaden industry knowledge by learning how insurers manage their financial assets and capital;
- Support organizational change by learning the significance of major developments in financial reporting and regulatory capital.
What to Expect:
- Course Level: Intermediate
- This is a 12 week program
- Next scheduled session: TBA
- Introduction to Corporate Finance and Accounting
- GAAP Financial Statements
- GAAP Financial Statement Analysis
- Insurer Statutory Accounting
- Insurer Statutory Statement Analysis
- Cash Flow Valuation
- Bonds and Stocks
- Insurer Investment Portfolio Management
- Insurer Capital: Needs and Sources
- Capital Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- The Underwriting Cycle
INVESTMENT: $645 total
- The instruction investment for this program is $475 per person.
- Recommended Text and Course Guide with access to Online Practice Exams will be provided at cost of $170.
The course fee does not include the exam fee for AICPCU scheduled online exam-students schedule this separately from the course at: http://www.aicpcu.org/register/examinfo.htm
TO REGISTER: Contact IPEx at 616.233.2581, email us, or complete the registration form below.