The National Library of Medicine, a part of the National Institutes of Health, provides MedlinePlus containing web resources, news and articles, monographs, and interactive tutorials covering over 900 health related topics. It provides access to:
- the A.D.A.M. medical encyclopedia
- the Merriam-Webster medical dictionary
- Drug and supplement information from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) via AHFS® Consumer Medication Information, and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Consumer Version
- AHFS® Consumer Medication Information (with extensive information about more than 1,000 brand name and generic prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including side effects, precautions and storage for each drug)
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Consumer Version (an evidence-based collection of information on alternative treatments). MedlinePlus has 100 monographs on herbs and supplements.
- Interactive tutorials from the Patient Education Institute explaining over 165 procedures and conditions