Submitting Funding Request for Conferences and Professional Memberships
The Davenport University funding request process for academic professional conferences and memberships has changed. To align participation in conferences more closely with departmental and College goals, all requests will now go through each College and the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
Funding requests will be reviewed based on faculty individual development plans, departmental and college needs, alignment with the University strategic vision, and budget availability. Approvals will be sent via email. Please note: your request is NOT approved until you receive a confirmation email detailing that your request has been funded.
To request funding for a conference or professional membership, please complete the updated google form "Conference Funding Request."
This form first asks you to identify your college or academic unit (i.e. Library). Online team members, please submit directly to the college where the majority of your teaching takes place. Then, you will be asked to enter details of your conference/ membership request, including:
- Your first and last name
- Conference title or membership organization
- Conference location
- Conference/ membership URL
- Sponsoring organizations for the conference
- Conference dates
- Departure and return dates
- Title of your presentation and brief overview (if you are presenting)
- Reimbursement costs including: Registration, airfare/ ground transportation, lodging, meals, pre-conference workshops, other expenses
- Finally, you will be asked to explain the value of the conference/ membership
If you have any questions about the process, please contact the appropriate person from the following list:
- College of Arts and Sciences—Claudia Hohendorf at firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Business—Barbara Ellis at Barbara.Ellis@davenport.edu
- College of Health Professions—Jessica Fasberg at Jessica.Fasburg@davenport.edu
- College of Technology— Barbara Ellis at Barbara.Ellis@davenport.edu
- Library, Vice-Provost direct reports, and Deans— Cecile Robarge at email@example.com