Become a Heavy Hitter in Health Care!
Welcome to the world of Health Information Technology, or "HIT." As a student coming to Davenport through our Partnerships team, you may be joining us from the other side of the world, or from our friend and neighbor, Canada. Or you might be a medical partner student. Whatever your place of entry, we are excited to help you go forward, and go farther, with an associate's degree in HIT from Davenport!
Our HIT program is:
- Designed to prepare you for the Registered Health Information Technician certification exam (through AHIMA)
- Completely online, for 24/7 convenience
- Learn-at-your-own-pace flexibility
- Qualified for Title IV financial aid
- Manageable, with seven- and ten-week class sessions
Is HIT Right for You?
Health Information Technologists do not have direct contact with patients, but they're a critical component of the health care team. If you are interested in earning an associate's degree to qualify you for work in this important health care field, HIT is a smart choice.
The growth in electronic health records (EHR) will continue to expand HIT opportunities and responsibilities. These include:
- Assembly of all kinds of patient health information, tests, treatments, etc.
- Organization and management of health information data
- Management of quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security.
- Communications with health care professionals to clarify facts, diagnoses additional information for consistent, complete electronic health records (EHR).
How to Get Started on Your HIT Program
Apply online for the HIT program today and let your future begin.
Questions? Call 616-233-3471, live chat, or email us and one of our enrollment advisors will be happy to help.