Congratulations on your Acceptance to Davenport University!
We are excited to have you on campus! Before you arrive, there are a few things you need to accomplish:
- Visa process
- Secure housing
- Sign up for orientation
- Make travel arrangements
Visa processing checklist:
Canadian Citizens must complete step 2, Canadian Citizens skip step 1 as they are not required to apply for a student visa.
- Visit http://www.usembassy.gov/ and review the Consular Section for the country you plan to apply for the student visa.
- Pay SEVIS I-901 fee at http://www.fmjfee.com upon receipt of your I-20 form using your SEVIS ID provided on you I-20 form. Print a receipt of the form.
- Prepare DS-160 visa application, pay visa fee and schedule interview appointment.
What to bring to the visa interview:
- Printout of DS-160 confirmation page with legible bar code
- Original I-20
- Valid passport (at least 6 months)
- Older passports containing previous visas
- Documents substantiating previous legal status in the US, reciprocity fee if applicable
- SEVIS (1-901) fee receipt
- Financial documents showing sufficient funds for at least one year of stud y in the U .S. (amount is printed on your I-20 form)
- Davenport University letter of acceptance
- Proof of ties/residence in country outside the US, and any other documents your local U.S. Embassy requires
Before you make travel plans, please arrange a place to live. For Lettinga campus students, go to the Housing and Residence Life website to see your on-campus options and view a virtual tour.
Use your login and password/student ID to complete a housing application.
If you plan to reside off-campus, please review our transportation website to verify how you will get to campus. Davenport provides free shuttle service for students. The shuttle stops align with Grand Rapids public transportation, The Rapid.
Fall 2016 on-campus move in date is: Tuesday, August 30th.
International students should plan travel arrangements to move into the residence halls on: Tuesday, August 30th.
In addition to on-campus rooms being furnished, international students will be provided the below items for a $200 charge. These items are yours to keep.
- Two sets white 100% cotton sheets - Twin XL
- 100% cotton white blanket - Twin XL
- Two hypo-allergenic pillows
- 100% cotton mattress pad - Twin XL
- Two sets 100% cotton bath towels
- Alarm radio with remote, MP3 & iPod compatible
- Two dozen wood clothes hangers
- Surge protector & flashlight
- Two 100% cotton canvas under bed storage
- 100% cotton canvas six shelf closet organizer
- 100% cotton canvas pop-up hamper
- Playing cards
- First aid kit, sewing kit, tool kit
- One personal security safe
- Stainless steel shower caddy
- Set of four plates, bowls, mugs
- Set of four stainless steel utensils
- Set of four acrylic glasses
- Microwave safe food storage containers
If you do not want or need any of the items listed, please let housing staff know upon your arrival and prior to opening/using the items. If opened, Housing & Residence Life will not refund the charge.
Each student is required to attend new international student orientation. At this time, we will provide you with a review of F1 international student regulations, advising tools and how to navigate DU resources, information regarding on-campus work, and more!
When your travel arrangements are made, please email email@example.com your entire flight itinerary with arrival information. Please indicate whether you require transportation from the airport to our campus.
During travel, please contact our on campus security at 616-446-7065 or 616-554-5041 with any changes or delays to your flight.