"Not so helpful" APA help:
The databases and Microsoft Word offer citations in APA format. They are often not entirely correct. Please use the resources on this page to check the citations they give you.
Davenport University uses the 6th edition of the American Psychological Association's (APA) style guide, Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) -July 2009.
APA Word Template
Use this APA formatted paper template to start with a document with the right margins, font and set up for an APA style paper. If you copy things into the paper without stripping formatting by pasting it in Notepad, it may change the settings.
- APA Documentation Style: A Brief Overview - 2014 (PDF) (includes sample title pages, sample references and explanations)
- Student Guide to APA 6th edition (PPT)
NoodleTools is a Web-based tool which aids students in formatting their References and parenthetical citations in APA style. For more help, see the DU NoodleTools page or the NoodleTools Library Guide.
APA Library Guides
- APA Style Guide to Electronic References (link to PDF)
- APA Style (from APA)
- The Basics of APA Style (from APA - online tutorial)
- Corrections to 6th edition APA Manual (from APA)
- APA Style Blog (from APA - look up answers from APA to tricky APA Questions)
- Purdue's Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Faculty APA Documents
Other APA Documents
|APA Template - Explained||3/22/2010||55.30|
Still Have Questions?
If you have more APA questions, please contact Tutoring at Tutoring@Davenport.edu.