Guests are welcome to use the Davenport University Libraries, use the internet and Microsoft Office programs on our computers, search our catalog , use and borrow our print resources as a guest. Accompanied children are allowed in the Davenport University Libraries, however please see our Policy on Minors for complete details.
Davenport University Libraries have a combined collection of about 68,500 physical items and many of those at the campus you are visiting can be checked out by Guests. These include:
- Reference books (can not be checked out, but pages can be copied)
- Magazines & newspapers
- Videos & DVDs
- Links to web resources
Guest Circulation Policies
- Guests may checkout up to two items from the Davenport University Library. Items cannot be sent to you from other Davenport University Libraries.
- Loan period is two weeks. Circulation policies vary regarding videos and DVDs. Please check with the individual campus library regarding checkout of these materials.
- One renewal is allowed. Items may be renewed in person, by phone or through the online catalog (click on the "My Account" tab and login with your DU patron barcode#).
- There are no daily fines for overdue items.
- When an item is overdue by five weeks, it is considered lost and the price of the replacement and a $15 processing fee is added to the borrower's record.
Our electronic resources are accessible to anyone in the world with a web browser. These include:
- Information on the individual Davenport campus libraries, along with research help by subject area.
- Information on Testing services (certification exams, college credit exams, proctoring services).
- Information on Tutoring services (reserved for current students only).
- Online catalog providing access to the combined collections of the Davenport University Libraries
- On-campus access to the internet and Microsoft Office programs, with registration. Due to licensing limits, access to the Davenport University Libraries' research databases currently cannot be offered to guests. The state of Michigan offers Michigan residents access to a number of databases through MeL (Michigan Electronic Library) with the use of a State of Michigan identification card or driver's license.
- Basic reference assistance is available on site as well as via phone, fax, or e-mail.
- Borrowing material from the Davenport University Library which you are physically visiting.
- Self-service through the Library catalog. Guests can access their account to view checked out items, renew items and review fees (click on the "My Account" tab and login with your DU patron barcode#).
- Some study space is available. Please consult with the individual campus library for availability.
- Copy machines are available in each campus' library (login with your registered guest username and password).
Guest Users Forms for DU Network & Computer Use