From the minute you start the admissions process, Davenport University Career Services is committed to your total professional development. Using the latest resources, we'll create a professional development curriculum that follows your academic progress through graduation. Follow our recommended curriculum and you'll be ready for a career in your chosen field.
We encourage you to get involved with Career Services, Student Life, student organizations, external professional organizations, volunteerism, work study, student employment, full and part-time work and internships. Our goal is to show you the kinds of professional development opportunities that significantly up your chances of a successful career.
Test your knowledge about how Career Services supports you as an incoming freshman, transfer or MBA student. Enjoy our quick quiz and learn how we can support you.
Our professional development plan includes:
- Assessments and Career Research
- Employer Mentors
- Employer Speakers
- Access to Job Postings
- Job Search Skills
- Job Shadow Opportunities
- Internship Seminars and Opportunities
- Interview Skills and Resources
- Networking and Professional Organization Membership
- On-Campus Interviewing and Recruiting
- Professional Dress and Personal Brand Development
- Professional Letters
- Portfolio Development and Creation
- Resumes and Professional Self-Marketing
- Resume Books
- Student Participation on Regional Employer Advisory Boards
Please contact us if you have any questions about DU Career Services and the support we provide.