3 Weeks in a Beautiful and Progressive Central American Paradise!
"Costa Rica is a place of unforgettable beauty. The people you meet along with the lessons learned will help anyone pursue what they want in their future."
Costa Rica Study Abroad Program, 2009
Costa Rica is located in Central America. It is an ecologically-varied country surrounded by beautiful beaches, national parks and active volcanoes.
Why Costa Rica?
- Costa Rica is a welcoming environment, with a culture that encourages tolerance and diversity.
- Enroll in specialized Spanish language immersion courses with certified instructors and experience the local culture by living with host families.
- Study in both San Jose (the capital city) and on the Pacific Coast near white sand beaches and the rainforest (Manuel Antonio).
Download the brochure and see for yourself!
Program Itinerary Includes:
- Spanish language classes (8:00 am -12:00 pm)
- Service Learning
- Arenal Volcano Tour
- Manuel Antonio Park Tour
Courses of Study:
- SPAN101 - Spanish Instruction(required)
- SABR 381R - The Study Abroad Experience(recommended)
- ENGL311 - Professional Writing
- Service Learning (one afternoon per week)
Professor Gabriela Ziegler, teaches Spanish at Davenport University and is the Department Chair for Technology.
Suzanne Gut, teaches ENGL, ESL and COMM courses at Grand Rapids; serves as Collegiate DECA advisor/ Board Liaison.
|Estimated program cost: $4,098 - $4,418**
(Includes Tuition for HUMN 381 and HUMN 382)
|** Pricing may change due to circumstances beyond university control.|
Program cost includes:
Other associated expenses:
Application for Program - January 25, 2016
$25 application (with with application) - January 25, 2016
50% of Total Program Fee - February 9, 2016
Final Balance of Total Program Fee - April 8, 2016