3 Weeks in a Beautiful and Progressive Central American Paradise!
"Costa Rica is a place of unforgettable beauty. The people you meet along with the lessons learned will help anyone pursue what they want in their future."
Costa Rica Study Abroad Program, 2009
Costa Rica is located in Central America. It is an ecologically-varied country surrounded by beautiful beaches, national parks and active volcanoes.
Why Costa Rica?
- Costa Rica is a welcoming environment, with a culture that encourages tolerance and diversity.
- Enroll in specialized Spanish language immersion courses with certified instructors and experience the local culture by living with host families.
- Study in both San Jose (the capital city) and on the Pacific Coast near white sand beaches and the rainforest (Manuel Antonio).
Download the color brochure and see for yourself!
Program Itinerary Includes:
- Spanish language classes (8:00 am -12:00 pm)
- Service Learning
- Arenal Volcano Tour
- Manuel Antonio Park Tour
Courses of Study:
- HUMN 382 - Spanish Instruction(required)
- SABR 381 - The Study Abroad Experience(recommended)
- HUMN 381 - Spanish for Healthcare or Business Professions
- Service Learning (one afternoon per week)
The program director, Professor Gabriela Ziegler, teaches Spanish at Davenport University and is the Department Chair for Technology.
|Estimated program cost: $4,098 - $4,418**
(Includes Tuition for HUMN 381 and HUMN 382)
|** Pricing may change due to circumstances beyond university control.|
Program cost includes:
Other associated expenses:
January 31, 2014 -- Application due
February 15, 2014 — Non-refundable deposit of $500