New Program Announcement
Davenport University Risk Management and Insurance Specialty
- Davenport University will begin offering courses Fall Term, 2012 in support of the new Risk Management and Insurance Specialty in the College of Business.
- Participants can earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a Management major.
- Courses are scheduled for delivery in seat/classroom at the Grand Rapids/ Lettinga Campus, the Livonia Campus and the Lansing Campus.
- The Specialty sequence has been defined in close cooperation with input from across the Michigan Insurance Community. Course work is taught by industry experts, building analytical and critical thinking skills, and the application of those skills.
- Courses are designed to meet insurance industry professional designation requirements (INS, ARM, CPCU). Students earn the AINS designation, and start on the CPCU, upon completing the course work and passing the exams. This provides convenient opportunity for those with the designations to be awarded academic credit.
- The curriculum places an emphasis on developing high standards of professional ethics and is career focused.
- Participants can complete a professional internship, prepare for national exams and earn industry designations resulting in a competitive employment edge, - knowledge through case studies and simulations.
Participants can earn a Bachelor of Business Administration – BBA – Management, Risk Management and Insurance Specialty, 3 credit courses
Courses for the Specialty:
RMGI 221 Principles of Risk Management and Insurance
RMGI 322 Personal Insurance
RMGI 323 Commercial Insurance
RMGI 420 Insurance Company Operations & Regulation
RMGI 454 Risk Management
Recommended Open Electives:
RMGI 410 Insurance Proposals & Negotiation
RMGI 490 Risk Management & Insurance Internship
MKTG 212 Professional Selling
MKTG 320 Marketing of Services