Pearson VUE offers exams and certifications for many organizations (programs) including many IT certification exams from programs such as Cisco and CompTIA. To see a complete list of programs and their exams offered by Pearson VUE, please check the Pearson VUE Web site, select the program and follow the instructions. To see if Davenport is authorized to administer an exam, select a program and sign in (follow the instructions to create a login). These tests are offered to both DU students and external candidates.
DU Testing Sites:
Candidates are encouraged to schedule their exams online through the Pearson VUE website at http://www.pearsonvue.com/programs/. But Pearson VUE does offer three different methods of registration:
- Online - after selecting the exam program (such as Cisco Systems), click the "Schedule a Test" button and follow the instructions.
- Telephone or e-mail - after selecting the exam program (such as Cisco Systems), click on the "Schedule by phone" button for the phone number of a Pearson VUE agent or an e-mail form or go directly to the list of programs and their contact information.
- Call DU testing sites - candidates may directly contact the Midland Library testing at (989) 835-5588 (ask for the Library). This service is not available at the Grand Rapids W. A. Lettinga campus.
When a candidate has completed the registration process, they will receive an appointment confirmation letter by e-mail, fax, or ground mail. NREMT candidates must register for testing via NREMT and Pearson VUE directly. Testing centers are not allowed to directly schedule NREMT candidates.
Cancellation or Rescheduling:
All cancellations and rescheduling must be done 24 hours before the scheduled testing appointment or risk forfeiture of payment.
The cost of exams varies. To check the price, go to the Pearson VUE web site at www.pearsonvue.com.
Tests vary in length. Check the Pearson VUE website for the length of the exam you wish to take.
Varies by test, check test provider's website (e.g. Cisco Systems). Your score report should also direct you to more information.
- Study Materials: Pearson VUE provides a "Test Preparation" section on the Pearson VUE web site at http://www.pearsonvue.com for many of the tests they offer.
- Directions: Get directions to DU locations. For testing hours & contact information click here.
- Tests are administered in the Davenport University Libraries.
ID on Day of Testing:
ID requirements vary by test. Most often primary and secondary IDs are required, both containing signatures. When you register, you will receive an e-mail from Pearson VUE explaining ID requirements. Common acceptable forms of ID include:
Candidates must show two forms of personal identification. The primary ID must include both a permanent picture and a signature, and it must not be expired. The secondary ID must include a signature, and it must not be expired. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- U.S. government-issued driver's license or ID card
- Employee ID or work badge
- School ID
- Military ID
- Alien registration card (green card, permanent resident visa)
- Credit card that includes both a photo and signature
- U.S. Social Security card
- Bank automatic-teller machine (ATM) card
- Any form of ID on the Primary list above
Most exam sponsors provide score reports immediately after the candidate finishes an exam. The exception to this is NREMT testing, where the candidate must wait up to two business days for exam results.
Exam sponsors are allowed their own cancellation policies. However, candidates are generally asked to cancel at least one business day before their appointment.
From SelfTest - Now, DU students can obtain SelfTest IT Certification Practice Tests for $33.00 per exam (about 2/3 off the regular price).
These are full-version practice exams that are very helpful in studying for your certification exams. Most come with hundreds of questions, answers, flash cards and study guides, with detailed explanations about the responses. Many include simulations that are similar to what you will find on the exam. Once purchased, they are yours to keep, running and using as often as you like. Tests are available for most Computer/Networking certifications.
Contact: Ron Draayer School of Technology for practice only. All other testing inquiries please call (616) 554-5614