High School Student Checklist
Welcome high school students
- Apply for Admission
- Check Davenport scholarships . Make sure that you have sent in your most recent transcript and test scores (such as ACT, SAT, Compass)
- Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) www.fafsa.gov This application is free and can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov . This information will be submitted to the Department of Education. You will need Davenport's school code if you wish to have your FAFSA information sent to our Financial Aid Office; Davenport's school code is 002249. The Department of Education will then determine your EFC (Expected Family Contribution), which determines your eligibility for various federal and state financial aid programs and for Davenport scholarships.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) and make corrections if needed.
- Review your status on the Davenportal and review all communication and submit any requests for additional information if required.
- Apply for Davenport Foundation Scholarships
- Research other non-Davenport scholarships
- Review your award letter on the Davenportal.
- If you requested Stafford Loans, you may need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (review the loan section under Types of Aid for additional information).
- Review the Smart Borrowing information
- If your Parents have applied for a PLUS loan, they will also need to complete a Master Promissory Note and a PLUS request form for processing.