Graduate Student Checklist
Welcome graduate students
- Apply for Admission
- Check Davenport scholarships . Make sure that you have sent in all transcripts from each college/university you have attended. Scholarships are based upon your cumulative GPA from your bachelor's degree.
- Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) www.fafsa.gov This application is free and can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov . This information will be submitted to the Department of Education. You will need Davenport's school code if you wish to have your FAFSA information sent to our Financial Aid Office; Davenport's school code is 002249.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) and make corrections if needed.
- Review your status on the Davenportal and review all communication and submit any requests for additional information if required.
- Apply for Davenport Foundation Scholarships
- Research other non-Davenport scholarships
- Review your award letter on the Davenportal.
- Review the Smart Borrowing information
- Check your loan aggregates on NSLDS and compare your total loans to the federal lifetime loan limits . Meet with your financial aid counselor to discuss options for borrowing.
- If you requested Stafford Loans, you may need to complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (review the loan section under Types of Aid for additional information).
- If you wish to research private/alternative bank loans, please contact your financial aid counselor.