SHRM Essentials of HR Management
SHRM, the leading global HR professional organization, has developed the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course which provides an introductory overview of the human resource function. Whether you are new to HR or if HR is one of many roles you fulfill at your company, the program, offered in partnership with SHRM, through Penn State Berks and Penn State Harrisburg, covers the key HR topics you need to know.
Earn up to 1.2 continuing education units (CEUs) or up to 12 re-certification hours and a certificate of achievement.
Who Should Attend:
- Human Resource Management -- Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Employment Law -- Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
- Recruitment and Selection -- Develop important skill for selecting employees.
- Compensation and Benefits -- Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Employee Development -- Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management -- Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
Those who successfully complete this course will gain the ability to:
- Build a solid foundation in human resource management.
- Understand key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, the Family and medical Leave Act, and more.
- Understand the role of the EEOC and its investigatory process.
- Improve your employee recruitment and selection process to help avoid legal pitfalls.
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation and benefits information to staff at all levels.
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, on boarding, and training and development.
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals.
When Does the Next Session Begin?
TBA. Please contact us for more information.
How Much Does it Cost?
The total investment is $695 per person, which includes all printed materials and access to online software and learning tools.
Do I need an HR background?
If you are considering a career in HR, this program will provide you with the fundamentals of human resources. A prior HR background is not necessary.
Is there a certification exam?
No, currently there is not a certification tied to the SHRM Essentials® of Human Resource Management Certificate Program.
Is there any out-of-class work required?
An activities book is included with the course materials. Your instructor may assign these activities for out-of-class completion.
Is there a final exam?
Yes. At the end of the course, there is a test required to complete your certificate with Davenport University. This is not a SHRM certification exam.
Online registration is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by visiting our online registration form at . Registration is also available via phone, fax or mail.