Certified Manager Program
Fall registration is open!
The Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM) has partnered with Davenport University as a “preferred provider” of Certified Manager® education in Michigan to offer the program Certified Manager Preparation/CM® Prep course.
Through a comprehensive three-module program of management training and assessment, ICPM certifies a level of management competency which is recognized worldwide. Certification is appropriate for present and future managers at all levels in all industries.
Fall 2014 Class Schedule:
- September 6 - December 13
- Saturdays; 9am - 11:50am
- Davenport University Lettinga Campus, Grand Rapids, MI
What to Expect:
After enrolling and remitting payment in-full your materials will be sent to your preferred shipping address provided on the registration form. Once the materials are shipped to you you CANNOT return them and WILL be charged full price. Included in the materials package you will receive:
- 3 Certified Manager Modules
- 1 Years access to online materials including practice exams and guides
- All 3 required exams for Certified Manager
Certified Manager Modules:
Planning & Organizing
Leading & Controlling
Those who successfully complete the CM exams achieve the CM certification, a prestigious credential that recognizes competency and professionalism of managers worldwide in all fields.
Fees and Credits:
- $1495 for instructor led course
- $560 all books and materials
- Total Investment: $2055
A points system determines a candidate's eligibility to sit for the CM exams. Both education and experience contribute toward eligibility. In order to be eligible for the CM designation, a candidate must score a total of 10 points. Those who score below 10 points may qualify for the Associate CM designation if they meet the minimum point standard for one of the two categories, either education or experience. Associates are recognized as CMs once eligibility requirements for both education and experience are met.
Education (*Candidates must have a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 6 education points)
- High School Education: Diploma or equivalent = 1 point
- College Education: Associates Degree = 2 points, Bachelors Degree = 4 points, Masters Degree = 5 points, Non-degree Programs - 30 credit hours = 1 point
- Management and/or Supervisory Training: CM Preparatory Course - 1 course = 1 point, Management Related Courses (40 contact hours) = 1 point
Experience (*Candidates must have a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 7 experience points)
- Managerial Experience (Manager, Supervisor, or Group/Team Leader) = 1 point per year
- Non-Managerial Experience = 0.5 point per year
Group Pricing or course delivery at your site is also available.