Many people see conflict as a negative experience. In fact, conflict is a necessary part of our personal growth and development. Think of when you were trying to choose your major in college, for example, or trying to decide between two jobs. However, conflict becomes an issue when the people involved cannot work through it. They become engaged in a battle that does not result in growth. When this type of conflict arises, negative energy can result, causing hurt feelings and damaged relationships. This one-day course will give participants the tools that will help you resolve conflict successfully and produce a win-win outcome.
1 Day Session
- What conflict is and how it can escalate
- The types of conflict and the stages of conflict
- The most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them
- How to increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- Effective techniques for intervention strategies
- Ways to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance
- Defining conflict and types of conflict
- Spontaneous and reflective action
- The Johari window
- Stages of conflict
- Conflict resolution style questionnaire
- The role of communication in conflict resolution (including information on active listening, paraphrasing, asking questions, and body language)
- The conflict/opportunity test
- Conflict and its resolution
- Helping others through conflict
Course Dates & Times:
Davenport University Peter C. Cook Center
45 Ottawa Avenue NW Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Cost for this course is $300 per participant and includes all printed materials.
Contact IPEx at 616.233.2581 or please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for this course, please submit the form below.
NOTE: Registration is not yet open for this course. Please contact IPEx at 616.233.2581 or email us at email@example.com