Professional Business Writing
Writing is a key method of communication, and it's one that many people struggle with. Developing writing skills is vital to creating effective proper documents (such as proposals, reports, and agendas), giving you a competitive edge in the workplace. The Institute for Professional Excellence presents a Professional Business Writing workshop that provides a refresher on basic writing concepts (such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation), and an overview of the most common business documents, and techniques on how to write clearly, persuasively and with energy and impact. This program is taught in an instructor-led classroom environment.
- Learn how to write clear and concise professional correspondence.
- Review the common spelling and grammar issues in business writing, including usage of colon, semicolon, quotation marks and capitalization.
- Identify techniques to develop well-formed paragraphs with proper style and tone.
- Learn how to use active versus passing voice.
- Learn how to develop agendas, email messages, business letters, and reports.
- Improve proofreading skills and peer review to help improve business writing skills.
Institute for Professional Excellence
45 Ottawa Avenue NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
June 8, 2016
200 S. Grand Ave.
July 19, 2016
*If you are interested in registering multiple people or require an invoice for payment please contact Lesa Bergsma at 616-233-2581.
*This course is eligible for 7 CPE credits through the NASBA.
Contact IPEx at 616.233.2581 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.