DINING PLAN EXEMPTIONS & CANCELLATIONS
Having a meal plan is a requirement of staying in campus housing. In rare cases, students need to have their meal plan adjusted. Following is the three primary reasons for appealing your meal plan:
SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS
These are certain substantiated medical conditions and/or specialized nutritional needs. Additional information may be needed including documentation from an authorized medical professional. Dining Services does not consider vegetarianism and veganism acceptable reasons for dining plan cancellation.
In these cases Dining Services may not be suitable for students whose religious beliefs dictate significant dietary restrictions.
In the case of financial hardship the appeal committee will review your case with financial aid and the bursar’s office in order to best understand the scope of the financial hardship.
DINING MEAL PLAN APPEAL PROCESS
- Complete the on-line form below. Be sure to include any information pertinent to your appeal.
- Your case will be reviewed by a member of the appeal process will review you case.
- Contact will be made to inform you your appeal has been received. At this time additional information may be requested and an interview will be scheduled with one of the members of the Review Committee.
- The Appeal Committee will review your case.
- A response to your claim will be issued within ten business days.
DINING MEAL PLAN REVIEW COMMITTEE
The review committee will be comprised of the Director of Housing & Residence Life, Director of Dining Services and the Director of Student Access.
DINING PLAN APPEAL PERIOD
Dining meal plan appeals must be filed no later than 14 days after the start of the Fall & Winter semesters meal plan start dates. The fall meal plan appeal period is now closed. The meal plan start date for Winter 2015 is January 4, 2014 and the appeal cut-off is January 18, 2014 by 5 pm.
Complete the form below to begin the Appeal Process