As an international student, you are eligible for all of Davenport's academic scholarships offered through the University. Our scholarships are based on academic performance and will be automatically applied to tuition costs.
Other financial resources are available at this link , or search for specific International scholarship's that may be relevant to you and your background by clicking here .
Housing Scholarships are also available for up to $2,000 for the year, to be used towards on-campus residence. Please complete the Housing Scholarship form and return it to our Financial Aid Department or your Admissions representative.
Jobs for International Students
As an international students with F-1 status, you may be eligible to get a job while you are here, such as:
- You can work on the campus that issued your Form I-20.
- You are eligible as soon as you begin full-time classes.
- You remain eligible as long as you maintain F-1 status.
- You can work up to 20 hours a week while school is in session.
- During official school breaks, up to 40 hours per week are permitted.
Note: There are legal restrictions to on-campus positions. F-1 students may be employed in any on-campus position that does not displace a U.S. worker. Jobs in this category do not have to be related to your course of study.
You may want to seek a temporary job experience in your field. To be eligible for you must:
- Have F-1 status
- Have completed at least one academic year (nine consecutive months) at Davenport
- Receive authorization for employment from the International Programs Office
- Not be enrolled in the ESL program
- Finish your term of employment before completion of your academic program
Certain other outside job options may be available for a maximum of 12 months during or after you complete your DU program. Email us at the International Programs Office for more information on job opportunities for international students.