Like any course that meets face-to-face, you are expected to participate in a professional manner in all course communications, discussion areas and virtual classrooms.
We ask your compliance in the following:
- Distribution or selling of any student or faculty email address is prohibited
- No Flaming (rash, vulgar, aggressive put-downs) is tolerated
- When “chatting” in student areas or chat rooms, casual use of the language is appropriate.
- When debating and contributing to course discussions, formal grammar, correct spelling and sentence structure is expected
- Keep your Caps Lock off. The effect looks like SHOUTING to the reader
- Any violation of the University’s anti-harassment policy through the use of student email, University electronic classrooms, and student instant messaging is strictly prohibited and should be reported to an instructor and/or academic advisor
Respect for Others
In the collegial environment, debate and discussion are a part of our learning. Make sure your comments are focused on the content, not the individual who contributed them. Treat others with the respect you would want from them.