Suggested Technology for Online Students
It is highly recommended that students use Mozilla Firefox with and Blackboard technologies.
The university suggests that those who are taking online courses should have their own personal computer to be able to access their courses, and have a backup plan if your primary computer crashes.
Alternate sources for a personal computer can include that of:
- a friend
- family member
- the public library
- your local Davenport University library
- or any other access to the internet.
Additionally, the university suggests that students have at least a minimum set of computer skills, such as the ability to:
- send/receive email
- work with Microsoft word processing programs
- work with files and folders
- copy and paste items
- use and navigate internet sites, etc.
The technical information contained in this section is the minimum the university requires of students when taking online courses.