President: Wallace Gaunichaux III
Vice President: Kelsey Chambers
Treasurer: Emily Harmon
Secretary: Kathleen Lewis
Barbara Craft, J.D., Department Chair
Misty Davis, J.D., Associate Department Chair Mdavis125@davenport.edu
LA @ DU
The Legal Assistants @ Davenport University organization is open to any Davenport student interested in the legal profession. It is strongly encouraged for students with a paralegal major to join this academic community for the purposes of networking and furthering knowledge in the legal field. The organization provides many opportunities for learning, community service, and fun!
- To give students a voice in the paralegal program and university community
- To communicate information of interest to paralegal students
- To sponsor educational activities related to the paralegal field
- To give students opportunities to network with each other and with members of the legal community.
Community Service Opportunities:
- Legal Assistance Center
- Voter Registration Drive
- Tenants Alliance
- DEPS (Davenport Estate Planning Services)-estate planning documents for low-income individuals and families
- Guest speaker from local law firms, corporations, and government agencies and other legal settings
- Annual Soft Skills Seminars
- Annual Faculty Appreciation Holiday Parties
- Educational events (i.e. Tribal Law Event and Constitution Day Celebration)
- Social networking opportunities
How to Stay Informed
LA @ DU has an OrgSync page. Sign up and stay informed. All announcements and events are posted on OrgSync. You will also receive email updates for meetings, activities, and events.
To join LA @ DU's OrgSync page:
- Log on to Davenportal
- Click on OrgSync in My Connections
- Sign in with your campus ID
- Search for "Legal Assistants at DU"
- Click "Join Now"
You can also follow LA @ DU on Facebook. Simply search “Legal Assistants at DU” and like us. Or click here to go directly to the page.