LA@DU Officers for 2010
VP of Membership
VP of Programs
The Legal Assistants @ Davenport University club is open to any Davenport student who is interested in the legal profession. It is strongly encouraged that students in the paralegal major join this academic community for purposes of networking and furthering knowledge in the legal field. It provides many opportunities for learning, community service, . . . and fun!
The goals of this organization are:
- To give students a voice in the paralegal program and university community
- To communicate information of interest to paralegal students
- To sponsor educational activities related to the paralegal field, and
- to give students opportunities to network with each other and with members of the legal community.
- Guest speaker from local law firms, corporations, and government agencies
Community Service Opportunities include:
- Toys for Tots Drive
- Bowl-a-ton Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Fundraiser for All Campus Project
- Holiday baskets for area families
- Volunteers for Legal Assistance Center, Hillman Trial Advocacy Program and Mock Trail Competition
- Voter Registration Drive
- Networking:Members attend activities sponsored by the Grand Rapids Bar association and local paralegal organizations
- Education: Members attend continuing legal education seminars
- Social Events: Holiday Receptions, Alumni Reception and other social gatherings giving paralegal students an opportunity to get to know each other.
How to Stay Informed
LA@DU now has a group site set up on the Davenportal. We will be posting all announcements there, sending out group emails about meetings and such, and adding new things to keep you in touch with out group.
It's easy to sign up....
- Log into the Davenportal
- Click on the Groups icon at the top right corner of the page. (Looks like two people)
- Search through the Index of Groups
- Click on the Academic Folder
- Click on the LA@DU link
- Follow the steps to join the group...put in your preferred e-mail address and you will be in the loop!!!
Any other questions, please contact the Club advisor, Barbara Craft, JD at email@example.com