Schedule of Events
Friday, August 29th
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm Move-In and Registration for Residential Students
● This is your time to move in and settle into your new residence hall room. Be sure to bring all of your items for the school year, as you will be moving into your permanent residence hall room.
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Registration for Commuter Students
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Dinner 1 / Prowl Pack Meeting 1
● Half of the participants will have dinner, while the other half meets with their Pack for the first time.This is your opportunity to get to know your Pack Leader and other Pack members. You will be experiencing all the Panther Prowl events and activities with this group.
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Dinner 2 / Prowl Pack Meeting 2
7:00 pm - 7:30 pm Panther Prowl Kickoff / Welcome
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm Hypnotist - Michael C. Anthony
● He is recognized as one of the most successful stage hypnotists/ mentalists in the world today. He has appeared on ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. He was also voted Male Performer of the year by CA Magazine.
Saturday, August 30th
8:30 am – 9:15 am Breakfast/Prowl Pack Group Meeting
9:30 am – 10:00 am Welcome! Featuring Provost, Dr. Linda Rinker
● Get a warm Davenport University welcome from Dr. Rinker, the university provost!
10:00 am - 11:30 am HOORAY! Featuring Delatorro McNeal
● You will be amazed by this high-energy, engaging presentation that transforms individuals into one Davenport community. A truly emotional experience.
11:30 am – 12:30 pm Lunch
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Prowl Pack Meeting & Who to know? Where to go!
● This is an opportunity for your Pack Leader to show you some of the most important parts of the campus. Take a trip to the bookstore, the library, and get to know where your classes are!
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm Challenge/Scavenger Hunt
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Grill out/Barbecue
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Capture the Flag
9:00 pm - 11:00 pm DU after Dark: Drive-In Movie
Sunday, August 31st
9:00 am – 11:00 am Optional Activities:
Religious Services, Basketball/Volleyball tournament, Video games, Hike. and Yoga
11:00 pm – 12:30 pm Brunch
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Prowl Pack Meetings
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Justin Jones-Fosu - Diversity Speaker
● Justin Jones-Fosu is an international speaker, young-award winning entrepreneur, and author. In Diversity “lectures” sometimes the true meaning of diversity is missed in efforts for everyone to hold hands and sing “Kum By Ya!” This presentation breaks diversity down to the core, where participants walk away energized but appreciating the differences and similarities of others.
3:15 pm – 4:45 pm Justin Jones-Fosu – Freshman 15
● You’ve probably heard about the “Freshman 15.” While it’s certainly important to watch what you’re eating those first months in the dining hall, there are plenty of other ideas you need to “ingest” if you want to start college off right. In this keynote, Justin will drop 15 pounds of knowledge, success and perspective on you! You will laugh and look at things differently, helping set the stage for big things in your first year at college. You’ll be out of your seats and having fun in this program perfect for new students.
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Dinner
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Night in the Student Center
● Activities include: Dodgeball, wiffleball, volleyball, basketball, soccer, board games, card games, snacks, and a photobooth!
9:00 pm – 10:30 pm DU after Dark: Bonfire