Who We Are
First, thanks for checking us out. We hope you'll decide to join us! We are a group of students and Student Life staff who think that meeting people, socializing and sharing ideas are an important part of life success - before, during and after college.
What We Do
- We plan and coordinate most on-campus events.
- We do this to give all DU students fun, interesting ways to connect.
- We try to create a positive influence all over campus.
Why We Do It
- We think everyone should make the most of their college experience while it lasts!
- We like being part of building a positive, fun, socially connected community at Davenport University.
Why You Should Want to Join Us
- It's good experience collaborating and brainstorming -- members decide who to seek as performers!
- It's good experience organizing and planning -- there are lots of things to be done to make events happen.
- It offers good leadership opportunities, with positions on the executive board or as an event chair.
- We have many other opportunities for involvement in leadership, volunteer and other ways. Join us and see!
How to Join (It's this easy!)
- You must be enrolled as a Davenport student.
- You must attend three out of five consecutive meetings.
How We Operate
- We meet weekly.
- For 2012-2013 meetings are held on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. in room 207 in the Academic Building.
- EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!! Bring YOUR ideas and share them with the group!
- (Meetings times and days are determined at the first general meeting of the year.)
What We Have Done Lately
Brought quite a few major cool events to campus, including:
- Nashville Star - Meg Allison
- Actor, Comedian - Mike E. Winfield
- 'Go Green' Activist - Ed Begley
- Magician - Norman Ng
- Hypnotist - Michael C. Anthony
How We Got Here
- The Davenport University SAC was established in November 2006. We've grown each year since!
- Our student members have had many opportunities to create, market, and host events – by for and about students.
- We've attended regional and national conferences such as the National Association for Campus Activities (NACA).
- It's a great way to meet new friends and develop relationships within the Davenport University community.
Executive E-Board 2012-2013
If you have questions about joining SAC, please contact us by email, or stop in to the Student Life Office. We would love to meet you, answer your questions and hear your ideas.
President - Lorne Grimmer
Vice-President - open
Administrative Chair - Jamie Reid
Treasurer - Faye Dean
Public Relations and Marketing Chair - open
Recruitment Chair - open
Advisor - Nick Smith