Make a Difference for a Young Person
The HEROES mentoring program is led by the DU Volunteer Center at the Lettinga Campus with students from the Caledonia middle schools.
- Student mentors help children develop their competence and character through an ongoing, structured relationship.
- You'll be a positive role model for your student, encouraging optimistic attitudes about school, positive self-esteem and improved relationships with adults and peers..
- Through the HEROES program, you'll also develop your own leadership, character and professional growth .
Becoming a Mentor
- You must make a commitment to mentor for at least one academic year.
- Plan to spend an hour a week with your assigned student.
- You'll also be invited to attend special mentoring events throughout the year.