Earn $1175 for 300 hours of community service
Sign up to complete 300 hours of community service during one calendar year through the Michigan Service Scholars (MSS) program, and you can earn a $1,175 AmeriCorps education award.
- MSS provides $400,000 annually in education awards state-wide to students attending Michigan Campus Compact member campuses through a grant from the Michigan Community Service Commission and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- This program is very competitive; Davenport University receives just a few MSS positions each year.
- Use your AmeriCorps education award for qualified educational purposes, including classes and qualified loans.
Becoming a Michigan Service Scholar
This program is especially rewarding if you're already working a long-term volunteer position.
- Community service hours may be completed during the academic year and/or over class breaks.
- Service hours must be completed within one calendar year.
- Eight to10 service hours per week equals 300 hours in a typical academic year.
- If you are interested in applying, it is beneficial to begin seeking a long-term volunteer position now.