Nominations & Elections
Those responsible for managing the UAC elections shall follow these procedures:
- An announcement and call for nominations is made to the entire University. Nominations will be made using OrgSync.
- Nominations will be open for a period of two weeks. An individual can be nominated by others or can self-nominate. Nominations will be confirmed and a written statement of interest to serve will be collected by the Election Committee.
- An announcement of candidates and the dates of the election timeframe are sent out to the functional areas.
- The voting period is one week within the respective functional areas and campuses.
- Votes are counted within OrgSync by the functional areas and are submitted to the UAC election committee.
- A general announcement is sent out to the University announcing the newly elected members of the UAC.
Elections for membership are held every three years in the winter term. If a seat becomes vacant during a term of service, the functional leader of the respective area will appoint a replacement to serve for the remainder of the term.