Back to Home
Academic Credit for Military Experience

Academic Credit for Military Experience

Military Transcript Requests

Credit from Military Transcripts

Military credit is assigned by the American Council on Higher Education (ACE). Click here for a Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.

Military Transfer Credit Appeal

If your military experience did not transfer as expected, or you feel that there is a class in your Degree Plan for which you have already met the learning outcomes, please contact your Military Advisor. He or she will assist you with filing for a Transfer Credit Appeal with our Registrar.

Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)

Military students may also receive credit for experience that is not reflected on your transcript. DU will consider: career, personal, job-related, and community participation. A portfolio must be submitted for credit to be considered. Please read the requirements and consult with your Military Advisor if you are considering a PLA.

Testing for College Credit

Active duty personnel may take some tests for college credit at no cost. Veterans may be reimbursed for tests through their VA funding. Your Military Advisor will provide you with information about available testing options. A list of available Davenport equivalency tests. More info in the testing center.