Davenport University Libraries offer a full range of information services and resources, serving alumni in the online environment as well as at the physical Libraries on most DU campuses. Accompanied children are allowed in the Davenport University Libraries, however please see our Policy on Minors for complete details.
Davenport University Libraries have a combined collection of about 68,500 physical items. Most of these can be checked out by Alumni, including:
- Reference books (can not be checked out, but pages can be copied)
- Magazines & newspapers
- Videos & DVDs
- Links to web resources
Alumni Circulation Policies
- Alumni may check out up to 10 items. Up to five items at a time can be requested from other Davenport libraries via the online catalog.
- Loan period is two weeks. Circulation policies vary regarding videos and DVDs. Please check with the individual campus library regarding checkout of these materials.
- Two renewals are allowed. Items may be renewed in person, by phone or through the online catalog
- There are no daily fines for overdue items.
- When an item is overdue by five weeks, it is considered lost and the price of the replacement and a $15 processing fee is added to the borrower's record.
Our electronic resources are accessible to anyone, anywhere, with a web browser. Resources include:
- Information about the individual Davenport campus libraries, along with research help by subject area.
- Information on Testing services (special alumni prices: certification exams, college credit exams, proctoring services).
- Information on Tutoring services (reserved for current students only).
- Online catalog with access to the combined collections of the Davenport University Libraries.
- On-campus access to the internet and Microsoft Office programs. Due to licensing limits, access to the Davenport University Libraries' research databases currently cannot be offered to alumni. The state of Michigan offers Michigan residents access to a number of databases through MeL (Michigan Electronic Library) with the use of a State of Michigan identification card or driver's license.
- Reference assistance is available on site as well as via phone, fax, or email.
- Borrowing material from any of the Davenport University Libraries. (Please allow 3-10 business days for delivery from other DU campus libraries.)
- Self-service through the library catalog. Alumni can access their account to request items, view items they have checked out, renew items and review fines & fees (click on the "My Account" tab and login with your DU patron barcode#).
- Some study space is available in campus' library. Please consult with the individual campus library for room availability.
- Copy machines are available in each campus' library (login with your DU network login).