ACCUPLACER (Next Generation)
ACCUPLACER® is a comprehensive battery of tests designed to provide information about a student's English, reading and mathematics skills. Tests within the ACCUPLACER System are delivered over the Internet and assist with determining if students are prepared for college-level courses or if they would benefit from developmental courses.
It is not a pass or fail test, however, it will determine which classes you are eligible to take and which classes best fits your academic needs.
Next-Generation Reading assesses the test-taker’s ability to derive meaning from a range of texts and to determine the meaning of words and phrases in short and extended contexts. Passages on the test cover a range of content areas, writing modes, and complexities. Both single and paired passages are included.
More Next-Generation Reading details at CollegeBoard’s Next-Generation ACCUPLACER.
Next-Generation Writing evaluates a test-taker’s ability to revise and edit multi-paragraph text. Questions cover two broad knowledge and skills categories:
More Next-Generation Writing details at CollegeBoard’s Next-Generation ACCUPLACER.
Next-Generation Math includes:
More Next-Generation Math details at CollegeBoard’s Next-Generation ACCUPLACER.
- Davenport Candidates: Your Admissions Representative will schedule you for the ACCUPLACER exam if you are seeking admission to Davenport.
- Non-Davenport Students: Please see the information page on how to register as a Non-DU student.
- Retake Rule: DU students may take any sub-test or the complete test 2 times per calendar year. A student must wait 2 weeks before retaking the Accuplacer.
- ID Requirements: Candidate must bring one form of picture identification such as a passport, a state-issued driver's license, a state-issued ID card, a student ID or an employee ID. Candidates will not be tested if they fail to present appropriate ID.
Personal Items: Personal items will not be accessible to candidates during their testing session.
Prohibited Items: All personal items including cellular phones, computers and other/any electronic devices, bags, purses, wallets, coats, hats (all non-religious), briefcases, watches, books, notes and all other personal possessions. These items may be left in a car or placed in a secure area designated by DU staff. Cell phones are strictly prohibited. No Exceptions.
- Testing Scores: Test scores will be available immediately following the completion of the exam.
- Test Length: The test typically takes from one to two hours, however it is an untimed test.
Davenport University will provide reasonable accommodation(s) upon request to ensure equal access to University educational services and activities in the most integrated setting appropriate to the individual’s needs. Please visit our accommodation page for further information.
How to Prepare for ACCUPLACER:
You can prepare for ACCUPLACER by taking advantage of the study tools and resources offered. Use these tools to become familiar with the types and format of ACCUPLACER test questions. They can help you identify the academic areas where you may need a little help, and prepare to improve:
- ACCUPLACER Web-Based Study App - features Next Generation ACCUPLACER practice tests and study helps.
- Sample Questions - free PDF Downloads:
Davenport can offer course credit for certain Accuplacer scores achieved.
|Subject||Course Number||Exam||Minimum Score||Credits|
|English Composition||ENGL 109||Accuplacer Reading & Writing||
285+ Reading and
|Intermediate Algebra||MATH 125||Accuplacer Math FC||
275+ QAS and
250+ Advanced Algebra/Functions
|Pre-Calculus||Math 150||Accuplacer Math FC||