Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
The TEAS® assessment is necessary for entrance into the Davenport University BSN and LPN nursing programs and is offered to current and prospective DU students at the Grand Rapids, Lansing, Midland and Warren campuses. Davenport University offers the TEAS® for all applicants regardless of the nursing program to which you are applying. The exam covers the following academic skill areas:
- Reading – key ideas and details, craft and structure, and integration of knowledge ( 53 items, 64 minutes)
- Math – numbers, algebra, measurement, and data (36 items, 54 minutes)
- Science –human anatomy and physiology, life and physical science, and scientific reasoning (53 items, 63 minutes)
- English and Language Usage – conventions of standard English, knowledge of language and vocabulary acquisition (28 items, 28 minutes)
Go to www.atitesting.com to learn more about the exams.
- Create an account for the TEAS® exam through ATI (see instructions).
- Reserve your spot by requesting an appointment at the Testing Center by using the links below.
- Read the TEAS® Information below for instructions for test day, what you can bring into the test and how you will receive your scores.
- TEAS scores will upload from ATI to the DU Registrar upon completion of the exam at a DU testing site. Students that test elsewhere will send official transcripts to the DU Registrar via ATI.
Registration for a TEAS® exam is made through the Davenport online appointment request with the Testing Center. Appointments must be made within a testing center’s hours of operation.
The TEAS® entrance exam for Davenport University candidates is $75. This can be paid online using a credit card. There will be no refunds for the TEAS®.
There is also a $40 proctoring fee for non-Davenport University test takers. This fee must be made in advance to secure your seat reservation. DU proctoring fees are non-refundable for missed appointments.
*All payments must be made with credit only. No cash or personal checks will be accepted.
Please allow 4 hours for check in, taking the exam, and optional rest periods.
You may take the TEAS® as many times as you wish.
ID on day of Testing
When you come to take your test, you must bring:
- Your ATI login ID and password
- Your Davenport ID #
- A government issued ID with photo, signature, and permanent address (such as a driver’s license)
Testing Center Policies
- Calculators: ATI TEAS® will allow for the use of a four-function calculator that is embedded within the exam.
- Personal Items: Personal items will not be accessible to candidates during their testing session.
- Prohibited Items: All personal items including cellular phones, computers and other/any electronic devices, bags, purses, wallets, coats, hats (all non-religious), briefcases, watches, books, notes and all other personal possessions. These items may be left in a car or placed in a secure area designated by DU staff. Cell phones are strictly prohibited. No Exceptions.
Your scores are available immediately after the examination.
- There is no “passing” score. Rather, your score will be compared to other nursing program applicants and is an important factor in the application review.
Davenport University requires TEAS® scores. TEAS® scores will upload from ATI to the DU Registrar upon completion of the exam at a DU testing site. Students that test elsewhere will send official transcripts to the DU Registrar via ATI.
Davenport University will provide reasonable accommodation(s) upon request to ensure equal access to University educational services and activities in the most integrated setting appropriate to the individual’s needs.
Candidates must have documentation on file in order to receive accommodations. In order for Davenport to provide accommodation testing, candidates are required to register for their accommodations one week before the testing session date to ensure accommodations are properly met or candidates will be expected to test under standard testing conditions. Please visit our accommodation page for further information.
ATI’s online store has three products, the TEAS® Study Manual, a TEAS® Online Practice Assessment, and a combination package available to guide your review and provide feedback about your study progress. The above can be purchased at the ATI website, www.atitesting.com. The materials are optional and not required to take the TEAS. However, review of the study manual is strongly recommended.
Still have Questions?
For scheduling questions and ADA accommodations request please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-554-5614.