Davenport University alumni receive lifetime assistance from Career Services. Whether you’re a recent graduate looking to re-energize your career search or a mid-career professional looking for the next step, the Career Services staff is available to help.
Explore the Job Search section for up-to-date advice on all aspects of the job search, from identifying your top potential employers to accepting a job offer. The Professional Development section has additional information including business e-mail etiquette and other aspects of the career search.
Panther Jobs! is Davenport's job posting system for our students and alumni, and employers may post positions on here specifically for Davenport students. Upload your resume, post it into a resume book and search for full time, part time and student employment positions.
ADDITIONAL JOB SEARCH LINKS:
- Jobs at Davenport: Student and full time employment at Davenport
- ACINET Career one stop site (employer info and national by state job banks)
- CareerBank: Finance, banking and accounting jobs
- Dice.com: IT jobs
- Glassdoor Research employee reviews, salaries, and interview questions on over 280,000 companies
- Guide to Public Service Careers
- Indeed.com One-stop search engine for all jobs
- Insurance Career Center Find Jobs and Internships in Insurance. Learn More!
- LinkedIN Jobs on LinkedIN
- Liquid Compas Nursing Positions
- Michigan Talent Connect: Pure Michigan Talent Connect - Michigan's job board
- Medzilla: and http://www.mihott.org/ Healthcare, biotech and pharmaceutical jobs
- Nursing Jobs Great job opportunities through the MI Center for Nursing
- SolvingIT CIS and technology recriting for Illinois and Texas with contract opportunities & positions
- Teamwork Online: Sports Management positions
- USAJOBS: Federal jobs for civilians
- Veteran Jobs & Employment Support
- Veteran Job Search Support Information
- Many other sites listed here.
Career Exploration and Research
Thinking of a new direction with your career or interested in a new direction altogether? Career Services provides important resources and guidance to help you explore options available to you.
- O*NET is a great resource for researching occupations, their educational requirements, employment outlook and salaries.
- Informational interviewing gives you the chance to meet professionals in their field and learn about their career paths and suggestions they may have for someone looking into that career.
Taking a career or personality assessment may help you learn what careers may be a good fit for you, or understand how to work more effectively with other people. Davenport offers free online assessments for our students and alumni, and we encourage you to contact Career Services after you complete your assessment to analyze the results.
Your Career Services team is here to assist you with all stages of resume writing, including how to add your valuable experience into relevant transferable skills to highlight to potential employers. We've put together some resources to help you with these steps, and we encourage you to contact our office for personalized resume help.
To speak with a Career Services Coordinator or to schedule an appointment, contact the Career Services office at your nearest DU campus.