Back to Home
Dislocated Worker Requirement

Supporting Documentation

If you answered questions on the FAFSA indicating that you are a dislocated worker, the government might require additional paperwork. You can check on the Student Connection whether you need to submit documentation.

If you must provide information, please submit documentation of involuntary loss of employment for you and/or your spouse (Independent students) or your parent(s) (Dependent students). Documentation may include receipt of unemployment due to being laid off; self-employed but unemployed due to economy or natural disaster; or displaced homemaker (previously provided unpaid services to the family, if no longer supported by husband or wife, is unemployed or underemployed , and is having trouble finding or upgrading employment).

Please refer to our Special Considerations page if your current income is not properly reflected on your FAFSA and you would like to have your situation reviewed by the Financial Aid Office.