What does it take to prepare for an international internship?
If you are considering an internship or work experience abroad, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- What are your personal objectives?
- Are objectives consistent with department objectives?
- Do you have the appropriate qualifications?
- Will the internship be conducted in English?
- Will Davenport University endorse participation?
- Will you need to receive academic credit?
- Will you need a visa or work permit?
- Are you aware of any health or safety risks in your proposed location?
- Are you prepared for the extra expenses? (Most internships are unpaid).
- Are your expectations about an internship realistic?