Learn to make the right decisions to create the best outcomes for your organization. Highly interactive training that includes working in a business simulation.
This course is Going PRO eligible. Contact us to learn more.
Request Information - Mastering Business Essentials
Mastering Business Essentials – Davenport University's 5-week Business Skills Training Program
Understanding the basics of business is a “must-have” across all levels within an organization. Davenport University’s 5-week Mastering Business Essentials is an interactive and immersive business simulation program designed to accelerate strategic thinking and decision making. Participants in this program will experiment with business strategies, feel the pressure of economic trade-offs, and experience the consequences of business decisions in an simulated business environment.
Through weekly 2-hour virtual sessions and an immersive learn-by-doing simulation experience, participants will more confidently understand financial, marketing, and consumer data to make decisions that drive business value. Participants who successfully complete this course will develop fundamental business skills to add instant value to their organization. Learn to solve problems, deal with the unexpected, and align with business goals.
Mastering Business Essentials is offered in a live-virtual format (using Blackboard Collaborate).
Mastering Business Essentials Topics
1. Decision Making: After an orientation to the business simulation used in this program, participants learn how decision-making is a critical component of every manager’s day-to-day.
2. Making Financial Statements Work for You: Knowing how to read financial statements can be invaluable in analyzing business opportunities, assessing financial risks, and communicating ideas to others.
3. Budgeting and Resource Allocation: Managing business processes often involves careful planning and forecasting, taking into account many factors, such as expenses, investments, and unforeseen financial obligations.
4. Business Strategy: Strategy directs what you need to do to reach your department/organizational goals.
5. Capstone Summary and Conclusions: Simulation programs enable participants to manage a virtual company like a real business. Review the strategic processes used and the impact of decision making.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop and implement a business strategy
- Apply knowledge of accounting, operations, and marketing to common challenges
- Identify ways to improve company performance and meet customer needs
- Analyze market conditions and explore business growth opportunities
- Manage capacity and resources
- Evaluate critical financial information to help run and grow a business
- Utilize tools to manage cash flow and expenses
- Communicate the results of financial analysis effectively
- Use industry-based data to make business decisions
Who Should Attend?
Mastering Business Essentials is for anyone looking to improve their understanding of business fundamentals.
CEUs Awarded: 1
PDCs Awarded: 10