TITLE OF POSITION: Adjunct Faculty
CLASSIFICATION: Adjunct, Professional
STATUS: Contract, One Semester
PAYRANGE: Varies - Based on applicant’s education level, teaching experience,service length at Davenport, class level (undergraduate/graduate) and any certifications/licenses specific to discipline (if applicable).
REPORTS TO: Associate Department Chair
Specific Classes: Marketing and communication in a multicultural environment, Competitive Marketing Advantage, Marketing Strategies
Adjunct Faculty bring practical experience to the classroom and transfer their knowledge to students by establishing and promoting an effective learning environment for students with diverse interests, abilities, needs and expectations. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated knowledge in assigned teaching discipline.
- Teaches courses as contracted each semester.
- Attend and be prepared for scheduled class sessions. Provide instructional opportunities for entire scheduled class time.
- Contribute positively to the advancement of academics through:
- Understanding the DavenportUniversity curriculum.
- Preparing instructional course syllabi and materials.
- May provide input and feedback on selected textbooks and instructional resource and electronic materials.
- Conduct classes in accordance with established course outlines and approved instructional materials.
- Guide students in their educational processes by referring them for assistance regarding their program/schedules, academic progress, specialized services within the University, and/or up-to-date information about educational/occupational opportunities.
- Be accessible to assist students with questions and in completion of assignments as delineated in the course syllabus.
- Access information on current issues through University communications (i.e. e-mail and print correspondence, website, and publications).
- Maintain all records-student/classroom/department (i.e. grades, attendance, etc.)- in compliance with the University Instructional Policies and Procedures Manual.
10. Maintain and demonstrate a positive approach that provides for innovation and personal growth.
11. Maintain and demonstrate a high level of professional ethics.
12. Participate in adjunct faculty evaluation process as determined by the University.
13. Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
14. Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate level course: Graduate degree with marketing 18 credits or major in marketing; significant (3+ years) industry experience; evening course; send cover letter, resume, and unofficial graduate transcripts.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in assigned teaching discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years current professional experience related to assigned teaching discipline.
- Relevant/Current certifications/licenses as required by teaching assignment.
- Ability to teach one (1) to four (4) hours per class session.
- Demonstrate a professional manner and attire.
- Demonstrated effective knowledge and use of presentation, facilitation, and technology skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze data, and read/process written information.
- Teaching experience (preferably in higher education or training) and/or experience in planning/developing courses preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems (PC and mainframe).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
Business/Professional environment; prolonged sitting and standing; use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain); ability to lift classroom materials, etc. up to twenty-five (25 pounds.)